Monday 29 November 2010

Band analysis

I have researched girl pop groups that are popular at the moment to get information on how my own girl group should be represented. Both groups are popular at the moment with the young age market, and are both related to fashion. Which is exactly what I want my girl band to be represented as.

I love this photo of 'The Saturdays' because the bench makes the photo look casual compared to the usual standing up pose. All the girls are wearing the same shoes- to show that they are connected together in a group. I like the thought of the girls in my girl band all having something the same on. Also,  as you can see, there are five people in this band. I think it works well as there aren't too many people or too less which will make the photo look bare. I will keep that in mind when creating my own band. 

Here is another photo of 'The Saturdays', only this time they are all wearing black. This is effective because it makes sure that no one stands out from the rest- therefore making them all equal. I will include the black outfits in mind when taking my photos. Also, the black outfits makes the band look sophisticated and not tacky. 

Here is another example of a girl band. 'Girls Aloud' have used the idea of each member wearing a block  coloured outfit. This works well as it attracts your attention immediately due to the bright colours. I like this idea, therefore I will keep that in mind when choosing what my band will wear in the photo shoot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment